My featured guest today, Victoria Matey, an event psychology advisor and co-founder of Matey Events, provides science-based solutions for your event challenges, and believes that experiences take place in people’s minds first and foremost. By offering insight into human behavior, she helps event profs deliver more remarkable events with less effort. She provides ideas, strategies, and science-backed solutions for increased engagement, retention, and revenue.
Victoria is the author of the ‘Event Psychology Lab‘ online course and the ‘10 Principles of Strategic Event Planning” book. She leads the Event Psychology club, a community and the top resource for event profs looking to transform events with brain science insights, and hosts the podcast “What If I Told You” where she interviews behavioral scientists and practitioners about human psychology and the mind.
In addition to receiving Ford Foundation IFP Fellowships and IFP Alumni Awards, Victoria has been recognized by Smart Meetings as a Top100 Smart Women in Meetings, a ChangeMaker by MeetingsNet, and in 2022 she was named the Meeting Professional of the Year.
1. Better event experiences come from understanding human psychology.
2. Rethinking event design based on research insights.
3. Mental Fitness for busy event profs.
Connect with Victoria on these channels:
- Twitter: @MateyEvents
- Website: https://matey.events/en/victoria-matey-events/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/victoriamatey/
“Events: demystified” Podcast is brought to you by Tree-Fan Events and your Podcast Host is Anca Trifan, CMP, DES.
Let’s chat about your event, and schedule a time that works for you via the 20 min free consultation link.
Original Podcast Music written and produced by Fable Score Music.
For event and podcast updates, tips, and tricks of the trade, follow us on these social channels:
Instagram: @eventsdemystifiedpodcast and Twitter: @DemystifyEvents
Our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2_hOoPp_DhYCvaH2SznPNw
“Events: demystified” Podcast is brought to you by Tree-Fan Events
- a woman-owned boutique event planning and technical production agency that provides the planning strategy, event technology, and AV production to plan, host, and produce successful virtual, in-person, and hybrid events and the metaverse. Let’s create something extraordinary together during this focused Next-Level Strategy Session.https://calendly.com/treefan_events/strategysession